Monday, September 15, 2014

The Last Moonwalk: My Tribute to Michael Jackson


I could no longer remember the first time I heard him sing. I couldn't recall the first time I saw him do the historical "moonwalk". All I can remember is that I was so young then but I became his instant fan the first time I saw him on TV. Since then, I started collecting MJ memorabilia, wishing and hoping that one day, I will be given the chance to meet him in person.

Who wouldn't know Michael Jackson? He is a total entertainer. Seeing how he loved his fans really touched my heart. His desire to help children and influence change in the world through his music made me love him more. The way he showed how affected he is by those controversies made me admire him to a greater degree. He is a superstar. He lived the life of a king but remained a human being who, like us, gets hurt, feels frustrated, fears, cries and so on.

One thing that will always make me feel sad is the fact that I didn't get the chance to watch him perform live. I know, I will never be able to experience that anymore. He went to Manila so many years ago but since I cannot afford the ticket price then, I wasn't able to watch his concert.

Sometimes, I would like to think that he isn't really dead. His sudden departure is truly striking. It wouldn't be easy to believe that a legend is no more. One the other hand, there is one thing I am very sure of; his music and his memories will stay alive in my heart. 

MJ influenced my youth. He touched my life. He will always be an inspiration to me.



The author, Jade Martin, is the founder and creator of Center for Paranormal Studies, Profilers of the Unknown and Intramuros Ghost Walk. She is also a Businesswoman, Life and Business Coach, Author, Singer and Songwriter, Ghost Tour Operator, Paranormal Investigator and Consultant, Energy Healer, Hypnotherapist, Past Life Regression Therapist, Numerologist and Tarot Reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment