Sunday, September 14, 2014

I So Love The Cure



When I started feeling “sick” of pop music, I found “The Cure”.

For me, they are one of the best bands of the 80s. I was captivated by their unique gothic sound and style. How can I forget the songs A Night Like This, Caterpillar, In Between Days, Boys Don’t Cry, Just Like Heaven, Close To Me, The Walk, The Lovecats, Kyoto Song and a whole lot more?

The Cure was formed in 1976. Originating from Crawley, West Sussex, they are among the pioneers of gothic rock in the UK. They are also among the biggest names in new wave music. The band had to undergo several line-up changes before reaching stardom – the prominence meant to be remembered by their fans for a very long period of time.

I was a teenager when I first heard them. It was also then that I developed a big crush on Robert Smith, the band’s lead vocalist, guitarist and composer. I couldn’t forget how I would resist every attack that bashers throw at me. I defended them against those "villains" who criticized them badly before my face while thinking that I am idolizing a bunch of crazy dudes.

Indeed, they have a funny way of dressing up and putting on makeup. Robert Smith’s style of singing is amusing as well; but these are the qualities that served as their trademark in the industry...the distinctive characteristics that brought them to fame. Their fans loved them the way they are and will remember them for their unique representation. Yes, to other people, it’s crazy; but to us, it’s craze.

No matter how weird they may seem to be, they will always be my favorite band. Imitators came out from the time machine; however, none of the bands after them were able to fully reproduce their style and music. One of the most commercially successful alternative bands that ever walked the earth; The Cure gave me the cure from the boredom brought about by customary music. And just like my other favorite bands i.e. Duran Duran and Tears for Fears, they will always stay in my memory. 

No doubt. No argument. I am a certified The Cure fan.



The author, Jade Martin, is the founder and creator of Center for Paranormal Studies, Profilers of the Unknown and Intramuros Ghost Walk. She is also a Businesswoman, Life and Business Coach, Author, Singer and Songwriter, Ghost Tour Operator, Paranormal Investigator and Consultant, Energy Healer, Hypnotherapist, Past Life Regression Therapist, Numerologist and Tarot Reader.




No comments:

Post a Comment